Conscientious writer looking for a great place
- Caroline (36)
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Reference Score
- Charges for House & Pet Sitting
- Previous house sitting experience?
- Animal care experience?
- Dog(s), Cat(s), Horse(s), Fish
- Police check?
- Available to housesit when?
- Available anytime
- Available to housesit where?
- Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Afghanistan, Show more Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Afghanistan, Aland, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroun, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo (Dem. Rep.), Congo (Rep.), Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Faroes, Fiji, Finland, French Guyana, French Polynesia, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guernsey, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Macedonia (Former Yugoslav Republic), Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Man, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestinian Authority, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Reunion, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, Sri Lanka, St. Helena, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Tchad, Thailand, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States Virgin Islands, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican, Venezuela, Viet Nam, Wallis and Futuna, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe Show less
I'm a child carer and writer of children's stories. Discovering new places and people inspires me.. I live in the Waitakares- a natural yet fairly populated part of Auckland- near many beautiful beaches. I also have family in Europe who I like to visit as often as possible. I love lengthy stop-overs and am particularly drawn to Tahiti, Hawaii, San Fransisco, L.A, South Dakota, and New York.
I know from mum and dad what a relief it is for them to find a good house sitter while they're away visiting us in New Zealand. I'd like to make positive contacts where we can be of mutual help and make each other's lives that much easier.
I enjoy being with animals- I am sensitive and observing to their personalities, needs and moods- whether they are enjoying their own space, or appreciating affection; whether they require rigorous or more gentle exercise. I talk to them quite often- they sense your tonality & I believe this enhances their feeling of inclusion & companionship or being semi-entertained!
As a teenager, Hamster Henry was treated to five star dinners every day of raw salads and fruit and ran freely in a safe environment- everyday from 6-midnight.
As an option, my parents are a lovely couple in their sixties and may occasionally be available to house-sit with me: my forte is caring for animals; and mum & dad are great home carers, and mum has an eye for furnishings and love of history. If having a small conscientious team in your home is your preferred option- please feel free to let me know :) I am usually available/travel out of New Zealand, from May to November. Please feel free to contact me at any time, I will be happy to hear from you and answer any questions :)
A little bit more about me:
Part-time child-carer specialising in encouraging, friendly support..and heaps of fun!
Fluent in French (A'Level)
Film & Media Make-up Diploma International (Health & Beauty Council)
Hair & Beauty City & Guilds NVQ2
Touch Typing 60wpm- Oxford St Touch Typing Centre
St Mungoe's Hostel pampering volunteer
Pyramid Club charity (building kids'self-esteem)
Why I want to housesit
I enjoy immersing myself in different parts of the world- as a local- either in beautiful countryside or towns. I love taking the dog(s) out for a walk and being able to retreat to a homely environment- preferably with the company of fur-babies!
What I bring to the assignment / relevant experience
I am considerate, very tidy, and a non-smoker. I treat others' property and belongings with the same care and respect as I would my own. I am health & safety conscious e.g. with cleaning. I have house/dog-sitting experience, I enjoy dog-walking and treating them to new, long walks in parks or nature. I take water in the car for the dogs, and consider all pets as fur-babies!
House / Pet sitting Reference
Caroline was great at lookin after my place while I was away for
5 weeks. She was the perfect person, trustworthy 100%!.
- Pet care
House / Pet sitting Reference
Caroline is the best house sitter I have had.
- Pet care
Landlord sitting Reference
Liz & Neil Gray
We have known Caroline for some 6 years now and she has house-sat for us on numerous ocassions looking after our two cats and golden retriever dog. She is very reliable and a very nice person. I would certainly recommend her for any housesitting position.