The Professional Hobo - full-time traveler and writer
- Nora (37)
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Reference Score
- Charges for House & Pet Sitting
- Previous house sitting experience?
- Animal care experience?
- Dog(s), Cat(s), Fish, Farm animal(s), birds
- Police check?
- Available to housesit when?
- Available anytime
- Available to housesit where?
- Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Albania, Show more Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Austria, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, British Virgin Islands, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cayman Islands, Chile, China, Colombia, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Faroes, Fiji, Finland, French Guyana, French Polynesia, Gabon, Georgia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kenya, Laos, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Macedonia (Former Yugoslav Republic), Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Man, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, Nicaragua, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Reunion, Romania, Russia, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Sri Lanka, St. Helena, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sweden, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turks and Caicos, Ukraine, United States Virgin Islands, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Vatican, Venezuela, Viet Nam, Wallis and Futuna, Zambia, Zimbabwe Show less
- Travelling with children?
I'm a Canadian writer who has been traveling the world-full-time since 2007. I specialize in house-sitting and volunteering in trade for my accommodation, leaving lots of time for me to enjoy the comforts of "home" (your home, that is!) while I make my meagre living as a writer. Thus, I travel full-time in a financially sustainable way!
For more information about me and my way of life/traveling, please see http://www.theprofessionalhobo.com
Why I want to housesit
I'm not the sort of traveler who merely passes through an area. I want to know where people shop, what they eat, how they play, and what they discuss around the dinner table. You can only discover these things when you LIVE in a place, digging below the initial layers.
House-sitting is a perfect way to sample local life around the world.
What I bring to the assignment / relevant experience
I am a relative homebody who spends a lot of time on my computer and the internet with my writing, so I'm great company for your pets, and a security presence for the home.
I am also something of a clean-freak, so I'll take care to keep your home pristine in your absence.
I have house-sitting experience in Hawaii, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, England, and the Caribbean, Switzerland...and counting.
House / Pet sitting Reference
We communicated with Nora in the months coming up to our holiday, she made our search for a
housesitter so easy and as soon as I met her I
knew that the dogs and the house were in capable hands.
She took the responsibilities of the dogs very
seriously and when we came back I don't think they had missed us at all because they had obviously had such a great time with Nora! The house was clean and tidy and my car was in one piece (phew!).
I cannot recommend Nora highly enough, if you are going away on holiday you will be able to
guarantee your absolute relaxtion knowing your
house and pets are in truly safe hands.
- Pet care