1. This promotion opens at 12:00 GMT on 30 January 2018 and closes at 12:00 GMT on 31January 2018. One lifetime membership will be given to one eligible new member who joins TrustedHousesitters during that period.
2. This promotion is open to eligible contacts over 21 years of age (excluding those from Northern Ireland and Italy) who are not existing paid or expired members of TrustedHousesitters. However, this promotion is not open to employees of the promoter, its group companies, agents or anyone professionally connected with this promotion and any member of their respective immediate families.
3. You must not enter this promotion if this promotion is unlawful in the jurisdiction in which you are resident.
4. To enter, simply purchase a one year membership to TrustedHousesitters during the promotion period via the email sent. You must provide your telephone number in the designated field at the time of purchase to be eligible.
5. Within 48 hours of the close of the competition, an eligabel participant that has purchased a TrustedHousesitters membership during the period will be selected at random by computer to win a prize.
6. If the promoter is unable to contact a winner by phone after being selected as a winner after two attempts, in accordance with paragraph 5 above, they will cease to be eligible for a prize and an alternative winner will be selected in accordance with paragraph 5 above.
7. The win will – as their prize – have their 1 year TrustedHousesitters membership extended to a ‘lifetime membership’, for no additional cost. The cost of the first year’s membership will not be refunded. The customer account will automatically be updated to reflect the prize within 7 days of the end of the promotion period.
8. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash. The prize is non-assignable and relates only to a membership of TrustedHousesitters and cannot be transferred to another organisation. Should TrustedHousesitters cease trading, the membership will no longer be available.
9. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with any participant’s participation in the promotion or for any items that are not expressly included with their TrustedHousesitters membership (including, without limitation, travel to and from a house sit).
10. A participant’s purchase and use of a TrustedHousesitters’ membership, including any ‘lifetime membership’ that they win as a prize, is strictly subject to the TrustedHousesitters terms and conditions, which can be viewed here (https://www.trustedhousesitters.com/terms-and-conditions/).
12. The prize is conditional in each case upon the winner agreeing to take part in reasonable publicity by the promoter, including by agreeing to allow the promoter to use the winner’s name, city and photograph in the promoter's marketing materials.
13. Each winner's name and city are available on request by emailing email@example.com within 90 days of the closing date.
14. The promoter reserves the right at any time, in its absolute discretion, to:
verify the eligibility of any participant (including their age and place of residence);
disqualify any participant found to be abusing or tampering with the operation of the promotion or entering using fraudulent means, or who the promoter believes to have acted in breach of these terms and conditions; [and]
disqualify participants who do not give correct contact details or those who make an entry on someone else's behalf; [and]
disqualify any participant posting an entry or a comment to the promotor’s social media or online platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and TrustPilot, that is, in the promoter's opinion, inappropriate, offensive or upsetting to other participants, fans of the promoter or directly aimed at the promoter, or contrary to applicable law, and to remove any such entry or comment.
15. This promotion is not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any third parties or social media platforms. Participants acknowledge that social media platforms used to promote the promotion shall not have any liability to them in connection with this promotion.
16. The promoter excludes all liability for any damages, claims, losses and/or expenses incurred by any participant in connection with this promotion, unless the participant is a resident of a member state of the European Union and the promoter fails to comply with these terms and conditions, in which case the promoter is responsible for loss or damage that participant suffers that is a foreseeable result of the promoter's breach of these terms and conditions or its negligence, but it is not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of the promoter's breach or if they were contemplated by the participant and the promoter at the time the participant entered this promotion.
17. These terms and conditions are governed by English law, provided that if a participant is a resident of a European Union member state they will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which they are resident, and nothing in these terms and conditions affects that participant’s rights as a consumer to rely on such mandatory provisions of local law.
18. Each participant can bring proceedings in respect of these terms and conditions in the English courts. However, if a participant lives in Scotland they can bring legal proceedings in respect of these terms and conditions in either the Scottish or the English courts; and if a participant lives in another European Union member state they can bring legal proceedings in respect of these terms and conditions in either the English courts or the courts of the Member State in which they live.
19. Participants should contact the promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org if they have any queries regarding this promotion. The promoter is TrustedHousesitters Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 07227301, whose registered office is at 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU, England and with VAT Number 157737573.