About Charles & Sean
We are two professionals with many years' experience traveling and house-sitting abroad. Charles was a full-time instructor at the University of Colorado, and now teaches online courses each semester. His poetry appears in literary journals in the US, the UK, and Australia. Sean is a full-time freelance education writer for children, on contract...
We are two professionals with many years' experience traveling and house-sitting abroad. Charles was a full-time instructor at the University of Colorado, and now teaches online courses each semester. His poetry appears in literary journals in the US, the UK, and Australia. Sean is a full-time freelance education writer for children, on contract with major US publishers. He has authored more than 45 books and hundreds of articles over the past 25 years.
Full-time year-round house-sitters since 2013, we have house-sat and pet-sat 25 lovely homes and estates in England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Italy, Turkey, Mexico, Panama, the US Virgin Islands, and the United States.
• From Oct. 2013 to Aug. 2014, we took care of a lovely villa on a mountainside of St. John, US Virgin Islands. We rode out a hurricane while there, and managed cisterns, water pumps, tropical vegetation, termite infestations, etc.
• In Sept 2014 we house-sat a 200-year-old country estate in Ireland.
• In October 2014 we house-sat a lovely 220-year-old estate and farm in Somerset, England, with dogs, ponies, chickens, pigs, and a cat.
• From Nov 2014 through Jan. 2015, we house-sat a lovely villa on the Mediterranean coast of Turkey for three months.
• From Feb - Apr 2015, we house-sat a beautiful estate by the Rochechouart Chateau in France.
• From Apr - July 2015 we house-sat a large 80-acre estate with wolfhound and corgi on the Isle of Skye.
• From Aug 2015 - Jan 2016 we house-sat and pet-sat seven homes in Ajijic, Riverta del Pilar, La Canacinta, and the Racquet Club all by Lake Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico.
• From Feb. 2016 to mid-June 2016 we were house-sitting an extensive estate on a mountainside above Zirahuén, Michoacán, Mexico.
• From mid-June 2016 to mid-Oct. 2016, we house- and dog-sat in a large home outside Panama City, Panama.
• October to December 2016, we house- and pet-sat in Washington, DC.
• Dec. to mid-January, 2017 we stayed outside Granada, Spain, house-sitting and dog-sitting.
• Jan.10 - Mar. 6 we house-sat a magnificent home in Olivella, in the hills above Sitges, Catalonia, Spain.
• Mar. 7 - April 1 we house-sat a lovely home with a cat and dog in Mazatlán, Sinaloa, Mexico.
• April 1 to Aug. 31, 2017 we house-sat in beautiful Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, Mexico.
• Sept. 1 to Oct. 15, 2017 we house-sat (and cat-sat) a luxury condo in Cabarete, Dominican Republic.
• Oct. 28 to Jan.1, 2018 we house-sat an artisan B&B villa in a medieval hilltop village in Umbria, Italy.
• Jan. 1 - April 30, 2018, house-sitting and pet-sitting in two boroughs in London, as well as in Essex and Surrey.
• May 1 - Aug. 2018, housesitting/dogsitting in Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico.
• Aug. to Sept. 28, 2018, house-sitting, cat- and pet-sitting an executive townhouse in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
Experienced with animal care:
• We have extensive experience raising, caring, treating, diagnosing, and humoring cats and dogs over many years. We adore them; they grow quite attached to us.
• We have extensive experience with farm animals, pet birds, and a variety of other pets (snakes, lizards, tortoises, rodents, even bees). Charles was raised on a quarter horse ranch and has years of experience in most aspects of equine (and some bovine) care.
• We have experience living cheerfully around wild animals. We have worked on scientific expeditions in several remote corners of the planet as assistants for wildlife biologists, geologists, marine biologists, and on archeological digs in wildlife preserves. In Colorado, our rental homes were high and remote, with few people but with neighbor bears, deer, coyotes, mountain lions, foxes, and many, many deer, etc.
Experienced living abroad:
• We have traveled in 65 countries on six continents.
• We are confident, well-educated, and experienced managers.
• We are aesthetes, appreciating and caring for others' belongings.
• We love animals and they love us.
• We are educated, open-minded, creative, easy-going, warm, and diligent.
• We are excellent communicators.
• Between us, we can function quite well in Spanish, German, and French -- (Charles can read Italian, too) and in a crunch we can mumble along in Russian.
• Our ongoing online careers allow us to live in any country that has reliable internet.