About Charles & Sean
We are professionals, partners with many years' experience traveling and living abroad. Charles has been a full-time instructor at the University of Colorado for many years, and now teaches online courses for them each semester. His poetry appears in literary journals in the US, the UK, and Australia. Sean is a full-time education writer, having...
We are professionals, partners with many years' experience traveling and living abroad. Charles has been a full-time instructor at the University of Colorado for many years, and now teaches online courses for them each semester. His poetry appears in literary journals in the US, the UK, and Australia. Sean is a full-time education writer, having authored more than 40 books and hundreds of articles over the past 24 years.
Experienced as house-sitters:
• We house-sat a number of homes for a week here and a week there over the many years traveling abroad. We also had longer stints house sitting beautiful homes in Manhattan and Boulder -- some sittings lasting a full year.
• In Sept 2014 we house-sat a 200-year-old country estate in Ireland.
• In October 2014 we house-sat a lovely 220-year-old estate and farm in Somerset, England, with dogs, ponies, chickens, pigs, and a cat.
• From Nov 2014 through Jan. 2015, we house-sat a lovely villa on the Mediterranean coast of Turkey for three months.
• From Feb - Apr 2015, we house-sat a beautiful estate by the Rochechouart Chateau in France.
• From Apr - July 2015 we house-sat a large 80-acre estate with wolfhound and corgi on the Isle of Skye.
• From Aug 2015 - Jan 2016 we house-sat and pet-sat seven homes in Ajijic, Chapala, and San Juan Cosalá, Jalisco, Mexico.
• From Feb. 2016 to mid-June 2016 we were house-sitting an extensive estate on a mountainside above Zirahuén, Michoacán, Mexico.
• From mid-June 2016 to mid-Oct. 2016, we house- and dog-sat in a large home outside Panama City, Panama.
• October to December 2016, we house- and pet-sat in Washington, DC.
• Dec. to mid-January, 2017 we stayed outside Granada, Spain, house-sitting and dog-sitting.
• Jan.10 - Mar. 6 we house-sat a magnificent home in Olivella, in the hills above Sitges, Catalonia, Spain.
• Mar. 7 - April 1 we house-sat a lovely home with a cat and dog in Mazatlán, Sinaloa, Mexico.
• April 1 to Aug. 31, 2017 we are sitting in beautiful Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, Mexico.
• Sept. 1 to Oct. 15, 2017 we are sitting a lovely condo in Cabarete, Dominican Republic.
• Oct. 28 to Jan. 2, 2018 we are sitting a beautiful artisan B&B (renovated medieval glassworks) in a hilltop village in Umbria.
Experienced with animal care:
• We have extensive experience raising, caring, treating, diagnosing, and humoring cats and dogs over many years. We adore them; they adore us.
• We have extensive experience with farm animals (chickens, geese, sheep, cattle, horses, donkeys), pet birds, and a variety of other pets (snakes, lizards, tortoises, rodents, even bees). Charles was raised on a quarter horse ranch and has years of experience in all aspects of equine care. Sean has worked with livestock for a few years.
• We have experience living cheerfully around wild animals. We have worked on scientific expeditions in several remote corners of the planet as assistants for wildlife biologists, geologists, marine biologists, and on archeological digs in wildlife preserves. In Colorado, our rental homes were high and remote, with few people but with neighbor bears, deer, coyotes, mountain lions, foxes, and many many deer, etc.
Experienced living abroad:
• We have traveled in 64 countries on six continents.
• We have lived in North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, East Asia, Australia, and the South Pacific.
• We are confident, well-educated, and experienced managers.
• We are aesthetes, appreciating and caring for others' belongings.
• We love animals and they love us.
• We are educated, open-minded, creative, easy-going, warm, and diligent.
• We are excellent communicators.
• Between us, we can function well in Spanish, German, and French -- I can read Italian, and in a crunch we can mumble along in Russian.
• Our ongoing online careers allow us to live in any country that has reliable internet.