About Sonya & Paul
Hi, Sonya and Paul here - We are a married friendly, trustworthy, non-smoking professional couple who made the decision to take a trip to London, UK from Australia, (for only what was meant to be 3 months), 18 yrs ago to visit where my father was born and ended up staying. London is such a great base to travel the world. We've lived in a number ...
Hi, Sonya and Paul here - We are a married friendly, trustworthy, non-smoking professional couple who made the decision to take a trip to London, UK from Australia, (for only what was meant to be 3 months), 18 yrs ago to visit where my father was born and ended up staying. London is such a great base to travel the world. We've lived in a number of cities in the UK and have gone full circle and been back in London for the past 15 1/2 yrs.
We've enjoyed the wonderful opportunities we've come across, grabbed them with both hands, met so many amazing and inspiring people from around the globe and our journey here still continues.
We are both university educated, (Bachelor Teaching - ECE + Grad Dip in ECE) & Bachelor of Commerce (Major in Law & Tax), worked in a number of professions at various levels and made the decision in 2010 to venture down the business owners path and have been working together ever since in our successful and fulfilling Accounting and Bookkeeping business.
We have a range of interests; American sports + NRL, (that's Paul), gym/theatre/bargin hunting/cooking (that's me) and together - movies, days out, museums, reading, eating out, lazy coffee dates and of course travelling the world and spending time with fur babies.
We are both clean and tidy and take pride in keeping our apartment in tip top condition.
We have our achieved our enhanced Police check through THS and also a copy of a standard Police check certificate in the UK.
We are also super excited to now officially be part of the TrustedHousesitters Ambassador Team - to represent, build and help spread the word of becoming a part of this wonderful community.
Over the years we have rented private apartments/houses and also private holiday apartments/houses - preferring their homely feel to that of a hotel. We've house sat for friends and family too.
* 23 Dec 17-14 Jan 18 - Repeat Trustedhousesitters stay, El Campello, Spain - Lottie, Siamese
Completed House and Fur baby/babies stays:
*31 Aug - 19th Sept - San Francisco, USA, rescue Shih Tzu Mix - Hansyn (3 yrs)
*28-31 Jul 2017 - Farnham, UK, Biscon Frise - Izzy (11 yrs)
* 11-22 May 2017 - Long Beach, NY USA, 3 rescue kitties - Mooshu (2 yrs), Bruno and Blues (6 mths)
* 13 - 22 Apr 2017 - El Campello, Alicante, Spain - repeat Trustedhousesitter stay - Siamese - Lottie
* 6 Mar - 28 March 2017 - San Diego, USA, repeat Trustedhousesitter stay - Bassets -Magee (11) & Blues (5)
* 27 Dec 2016 - 14 Jan 2017 - El Campello, Alicante, Spain, Siamese - Lottie
*25-29 Nov 216 - Berlin, Germany, Chinchilla X Persian - Hanya
* 27 Aug-4 Sept 2016 - Toronto, Canada, Cockerpoo - Lola, mix Boston Terrier/Bulldogs - Hawk + Charlie and Shipoo - Willy.
*19 June-8 July 2016 - San Diego, USA Bassett Hounds - Blues + Magee
*1- 2 May 2016 - London (repeat sit) Frank, feline
*20 Apr -1 May 2016 - Zaandam, The Netherlands, Peanut and QQ
*1-16 Mar 2016 - Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast, Australia (15 days), Pug-Nacho and English Staffy- Dozer
* Nov 2015 - Geneva, Switzerland (weekend) Golden doodle - Jake, Westie - Cookie and a Rescue feline - Margo
* Sept 2015- San Francisco, USA, ( 11 days) Tula, 10-11 yr old Pug
* July 2015 - London, UK - (overnight stay) Frank, feline - repeat visit
* July 2015 - Worthing, UK, (weekend stay) Miniature Schnauzers - Henry & Jasper
* June 2015 - Chicago, USA, (7-8 days) 1 yr old Jack Russell/Fox Terrier cross, Benji, & 10 year old feline, Mason
* May 2015 - London UK - (2-3 days) flat/pet sit, Rescue feline - Frank
* April 2015 - Paris France - (5 days) house/pet sit , Tonkinese feline - Jeff
* April 2015 - Stafford UK - (5 days) house/pet sit, 3 Persians - Amber, Yasmin and Oliver
* Dec 2014, Monaco, (13 days) house/pet sit, 2 Tabbys - Rocky & Rambo
* Nov 2014 Palma, Majorca (3-4 days) house/pet sit, 2 Rescue Persians - Giz + Cardi
* Aug-Sept 2014 Brisbane, Australia 3-4 weeks house/pet sit (Rescue Staffy - Koda)
We treat every home we stay in with care and respect, ensuring security is a priority and your home is clean and tidy on your return.
If caring for pets is included/ requested during a house sit, it's an added bonus for us both.We understand it can often be stressful for you all when being separated and we will do whatever we can to make the transition as smooth as it possibly can; by following your instructions/tips/routines, spending quality time with your furry family and keeping in touch as often as you'd like via Viber, Whats App, Skype or email to name a few options.
I completed a Diploma Certificate in Animal Care Certified course covering: Cats, Dogs, Birds, Horses, Rabbits, Reptiles & Amphibians, Guinea Pigs, Hamsters and Mice on 8th January 2015.
I grew up on a small property in Queensland, Australia and we had cats, dogs, fish, horses, cows, birds, chickens, hens, roosters, geese and pet frogs, so animal care is second nature to me.
We've both had pets throughout the years and together we had a Chinchilla Persian who was 'our baby'. Jasper ( we are sure he thought he was human :-) ),was well cared for, regularly brushed, taken for daily walks (yes, he came walking with me) and brought great joy to us both.