Comfortable Canberra home with sooky cat
Lois is retired while Ray is still working (to help pay for travel!) Many people have sat for us over the years - some more than once. We are looking for a mature, responsible person/couple to take good care of our home and very shy cat (who loves being brushed & having his tummy stroked), top-up and clean the birdbath and water pot plants. For each sit we update a "house-manual" providing information on the house's various systems, the cat, "trouble-shooting" and contacts.
Our Home & Location
We have a warm, comfortable single-level home with a guest bedroom. The reverse-cycle heating/cooling is powered in part by solar panels and a battery. Our landscaped garden includes many trees and shrubs, small areas of lawn, a much-frequented birdbath visited by friendly local magpies and, in season, by parrots. The convenient location is a short walk from local shops and a bus stop, a 5 minute drive from Woden shopping centre, 10 minute drive from Parliament House and most of the capital city's national museums, and 15/20 minute drive from Civic. Yet a 15 minute drive in the opposite direction along the Cotter Road takes you beyond the suburbs into the countryside. Neighbours on either side of us are friendly and helpful.
Responsibilities & Pets
1. Sitters are to feed the cat in accordance with veterinary instructions, ensure he has access to fresh water at all times & cat litter when indoors, keep him inside at night and pet him periodically. Outside he is restricted to a fenced area of the back yard, separated from the garden visited by the birds. He can sleep on chairs but not the beds.
2. top up the bird bath daily and clean weekly...
3. water indoor and outdoor pot plants (mostly once a week)
4. keep the house clean, tidy and undamaged, and clear bench tops etc before cleaners visit fortnightly
5. keep the house secure at all times
6. send us short weekly email updates + More info