Petsitter needed in a rural house with lovely garden!
Hi! We are a young family of 3 and are looking for housesitters while we go traveling.
We are looking for responsible housesitters to take care of our animals (dog, two female rats, chickens, fish), and our house while we are away.
Our Home & Location
Our house is a semi-detached house in a rural area. You will find all shops and necessities in the village (about a 15min walk). A car is advisable when you housesit for us, but if you can ride a bicycle you will get by fine. We will provide two adult bikes for you. Please do not rely on public transport only! It's not frequent here.
Our area is ideal for people who enjoy the tranquility of nature. We have two rivers nearby, it is an excellent region to ride your bicycle (we will provide two for you) or go walking. The cities of Belgium are all quite nearby by car or train. Train station is 7 km from our house.
Responsibilities & Pets
- feed all animals daily (dog twice) and make sure they have fresh water
- scoop the garden (dog droppings)...
- keep the rat cage clean (this means remove droppings outside their toilet & wipe away pee on the platforms daily + clean out the whole cage once a week --> take all hammocks and houses out, wash hammocks, wipe clean houses, platforms and cage bottom, clean out their toilets)
- walk the dog daily (about 15 - 30 mins is fine, he's getting a tad older)
- let the rats have some cuddles / playtime / free running daily
- dog sleeps in our bedroom, which means he'll jump on the bed ;-)
- check for fresh eggs
- water our indoor plants
- water the outdoor plant containers
- in case of hot weather: water the garden
- during summer months: keep our splash pool clean (scoop out leaves and bugs twice a week, add products once a week)
- mow the lawn when we are gone for a couple of weeks
- keep the house as clean as when we leave it in your hands
- empty mailbox, take out garbage. In Belgium we seperate all our waste, you have to be willing to do this very accurate + More info