Rural living in Northern Alberta!! YeeHaw!!
Snowbirds looking for house and pet sitter for the winter months. My husband and I will be travelling to Mexico and are looking for someone to enjoy our home and animals as much as we do. We live on 40 acres 2.5 kms west of Stony Plain, Alberta. We are looking for an energetic person/couple eager to experience rural living during the winter months in Canada.
Our Home & Location
Our home is a single level rancher with full basement, 3 bay garage, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, all major appliances including dish washer, washer, dryer, WIFI, satellite TV, etc. we are in-between highway 16 and 16A 1.5 kms west of Stony Plain. We have 40 acres of land mostly pasture with a few stands of trees.
West Edmonton Mall is 20 minutes away, Tri-Leisure Centre in Spruce Grove (8 kms), Chickakoo lake recreation area, Hasse lake recreation area, Jackfish recreation area, are all close, Spruce Grove has most amenities. The City of Edmonton is 30 minutes with all city amenities.
Responsibilities & Pets
Sitter must have their own transportation and be able to operate a truck with snow plow and skid steer.
- General housekeeping as required
- Make sure Sadie (dachshund) is fed and watered daily
- Sadie is 12 years old and requires a little extra care, such as giving her medication daily. She takes a pain reliever as well as joint care medication for ongoing joint pain.
- Sadie sleeps beside the bed in the master bedroom. She is allowed on the furniture but discouraged from jumping off anything.
- Fire place is not to be used
- Daily counting of livestock (7 horses)
- Bales will be available for feeding as required.
- Ensure automatic waterers are functioning (do not freeze)
- Clear the driveway with truck/snowplow as needed