Happy dogs, cute rabbits, plants and homemade beer in the West Island of Montreal
Hi! We are in our late 20's and we would love you to enjoy our home while we are gone. The house is full of life, happy doggies and cute bunnies & the bar is full of homemade beer! We also have a hot tub!
You will share the house with Daisy, Lúa, Rose & Mabel....
Daisy the German Shepherd/Golden mix: She's the puppy of the house but she is also the most obedient of the two sisters. She loves doing tricks for treats and eating. Daisy enjoys bugging her sister to play.
Lúa the Goldendoodle: The princess of the house. She loves cuddling and she is very proud. When it comes to doing tricks, she's so excited it is hilarious. Lùa enjoys long lazy mornings!
Rose & Mabel the Fuzzy Lop bunnies: They will come to you if you hold pellets or hay in your hands. We touch the bunnies only if necessary. We do not pet them except if they come to us for it. They are very fun to watch! We love reading in their room as they do cute stuff in the background.
We would love to arrange someone to pick you up or bring you back to the airport if need be. + More info
Our Home & Location
Tour of our house :
- One bedroom with king bed and two dogs crate.
- One doggie room / reading room / living room / gym. The setup turns a TV either in a second screen for a laptop or into a screen to control via Chrome Cast. You can hook your laptop to a mouse and keyboard. I also use that room to workout and do yoga (you can turn the TV for it to be in front of the mat). We often use the speakers in that room to listen music on the main floor. The couch can turn into a twin bed. There's a guitar and a violin that you are welcome to use.
- Two bathrooms. The one upstairs has a rain shower and the one downstairs has a bath + laundry room.
- Kitchen with dishwasher, fridge, oven, microwave, breakfast table, ninja mixer, bread machine, pasta machine, dehydrator, rice cooker, kitchen aid machine with cheese shredder attachment, toaster, expresso machine, etc.
- Dining room right next to the kitchen with a table that can sit around 10 persons.
- Printer downstairs
- Bar with lotssss of homemade beers for you to try.
- Cinema with big popcorn machine. We will give you access to our library of movies, documentaries and animes. You will need a smart phone to be able to cast them on the screen.
- Outdoor hot tub in the backyard!! Please just follow the recipe and you'll be very hot and bubbly.
We live in Pointe-Claire, in the west island of Montreal, at 10-15 minutes of the Pierre Eliot Trudeau airport (by car). Pointe-Claire is a bilingual city, French & English. Our house is located at 13 minutes walk from a train station that goes Downtown Montréal in 30 minutes. The total time door to door to the Grand Bibliothèque (for example) by public transit is 58 minutes.
Responsibilities & Pets
- Letting our two dogs out in the backyard.
-Making sure the dogs are not alone for more than 9 hours.
-Feeding our two dogs their meal (raw meat, eggs and beans) once or twice a day.
- Giving our dogs a bone every 3 days.
- Giving the rabbits fresh water every day
- Serving their ration of pellets every day
- Changing their litter every 3 days or so
- Cleaning up the room every day (collect the cute chocolate puffs of the ground ^^)
- Clean any blankets that is soak with too much pee. Put in the laundry machine on eco setting with white vinegar instead of the laundry soap. Dry on delicate setting....
- Making sure that no snow accumulates on top of the greenhouse (use a broom to push the snow down if need be)
- Shoveling the snow on the pathways when needed. (The driveway is plowed by a company)
- Water the house plants with the reverse osmosis water (on tap on the right of the kitchen sink) every 2-3 days.
- Water the seedlings with normal tap water either from the tap or with the spray bottle depending of the seedlings. Every 2 days or when the soil is dry. + More info