5 dogs & one kitten - in the idylic Chirripó Mountins of Costa Rica
My name is Tania. I am from Berlin, Germay, I live in Costa Rica with my husband, our 3 rescue dogs and 2 rescue cats for over 6 years.
As an animal lover, it has been heart breaking to see homeless dogs and cats in need of care, love and a safe home. That has led me to spearhead “Charlie’s Angels Animal Rescue - Costa Rica”, a small non-profit rescue organization based in Rivas / Perez Zeledon. We have been rescuing dogs and cats for about 3 years now. Once they are ready for adoption we usually find homes for them in Costa Rica, but also in the States and Canada....
So far we have only worked with external foster homes, but we want to give those dogs a better environment to live, whilst they are recovering and whilst they are waiting for their adoptions, that’s why we are started the “Charlie’s Angels Foster Home project". in March 2018.
We renovated and furnished a beautiful house with a large garden in our area, which functions as our dog rehabilitation foster home.
We are looking for a motivated couple, who are willing to take care of our beautiful rescue dogs, in a peaceful and picturesque environment.
You will live in the house by yourself. We have a gardener who comes 2-3 times a month as well as a cleaner who comes every 14 days.
All our dogs and the cat have been vaccinated, de-wormed, get regular flea and tick prevention and they are all spayed and neutered.
Find us on
INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/charlies.angels.costarica + More info
Our Home & Location
The ‘Housesitter Couple’ will live in a spacious house that we have just rennovated and furnished. On the same property are two large kennels, one of the kennels is incorporated in the terrace behind the house. We want to make sure the dogs experience a "family situation" of socialization while they are recovering and before they move into their forever home.
The house is located in a remote and tranquil village, close to the Chirripó National Park (about 25 minutes from San Isidro / Perez Zeledon by car). The property has a huge garden with flowers, fruit trees and all sorts of exotic plants. A little creek runs behind the house. The area is full of beautiful hiking trails for long dog walks....
The house has 4 bedrooms, a large kitchen, 2 bathrooms with showers.
The climate is very pleasant up here. We have sunny days but it’s not too hot and our afternoons can be misty and rainy with clear evenings and cool nights. + More info
Responsibilities & Pets
The couple we are looking for need to be tidy, self sufficient, able to use their own initiative, technically gifted and of course unconditional dog lovers with very good experience in dog care. We look for enthusiastic people who embrace the idea of being involved in an animal charity community project in Costa Rica.
Basic Spanish is a must and you should have your own vehicle.
You need to enjoy beeing in a remote area, far away from tourism. You will live in a autentic costa rican neigborhood.
Since the dogs need to be walked every morning and we live in the mountains, a certain fitnes level is required.
- Give all dogs a lot of love and attention - lots of playtime!
- feed dogs twice a day, make sure they have water and they are clean and safe.
- keep all areas free of dog excrement and wash down kennel area regularly.
- keep them free of fleas and ticks (we give them pills, they work very well for at least 6 weeks
- take the dogs on daily walks (we won't have more than 6 dogs, 3 per person works :))
- make sure the dog beds are clean (there is a washing machine)
- take good photos of the dogs for our rescue page
- bring them to our vet if there is an issue (about 20 minutes by car)
- fixing kennels or anything house related. (The landlord lives just down the road, so if any major issue come up, you can just call him)
- give us regular updates about the dogs
- keep the rescue project as low profile as possible in the neigborhood. + More info