House and pet sitter wanted on the beautiful island of Langeland, Denmark
Hi lovely house sitters!
My partner and I have relocated from Amsterdam to Denmark summer 2018. We are now living on a small farm on the beautiful island of Langeland, only a few hundred metres away from the beach.
After many months of hard work, we're now looking at going on a holiday sometime in March, for about 3 weeks. The exact dates are not known yet so we are still a little flexible on this right now....
We are looking for a reliable, caring and nice person (or couple or small family) to look after our furry family members and farm.
We have a bunch of lovely animals:
- our dogs Peanut (Beagle x Tibet Terrier) and QQ (Jack Russell x Bichon), both 12 years old
- our new addition Lucy, a currently 8 months old, well behaved German Shepherd puppy
- Bart, the "little" Main Coon, 9 months old
- and our 6 hens, that lay happy and tasty eggs for us (and you) every day!
We are looking for someone very experienced with dogs. While our dogs are all lovely, Lucy can be a bit dominant at times and the small dogs are often scared of her. Her and the other female dog Peanut have been in fights as well, so it's important you can read them and prevent these kind of situations. We are doing well with that now but it could still happen so ideally you know dogs well and can also break up a fight should this ever happen (fingers crossed it won't!) :)
We live in a beautiful traditional danish farm house, which we are continuously renovating and which is becoming nicer by the day (it's already very charming now!). We have beautiful gardens, and a Hazelnut orchard. Depending on the time of the year you would like to house sit, different things may need to be done on the farm. In winter it's mainly only looking after the animals, other months some outside work may be required as well. But it's all very nice, relaxing and fun work mostly, so don't worry ! :)
Most important are our animals and that they receive plenty of love and exercise every day.
Our animals are all very sweet and fun and I have no doubt you'll be having a wonderful time if you decide to come and pet sit in our home. + More info
Our Home & Location
Lovely farm in Tullebølle on the island of Langeland in Denmark. We are located a few hundred metres from the beach, and also have a supermarket and bakery in near proximity. You can borrow our mountain bikes while you're here, and it may even be possible for you to use our car during your stay (tbc).
Responsibilities & Pets
* looking after the house and keeping it tidy
* looking after the plants and watering them...
* depending on the season / month, there may be work needed outside in the garden or orchard
* feeding, walking (2 - 3 times per day) and playing with the dogs Peanut and QQ, both 12 years old + Lucy, the puppy
* feeding and playing with the kitten Bart + More info