Pet / House sitter (Munich, Germany) for Mia & Sophie!
We are an young “African” couple (a 27 year old Zimbabwean woman- health professional, and a 30 year old South African man- electrical engineer) who recently moved to Munich.
We have two delightful fur babies (Mia, 4 going on 5, and Sophie, 1 going on Hedgehog-hunter) Both Jackrussells: food & toy driven, love a snuggle, love frisbees & squeaky toys more than they do their humans, love long (completely unromantic) walks in the park......
Our dogs dictated that we live sniffing distance from a BIG and safe park bustling with forest animals and all things distracting on a walk. So here we are!
We’re unaccustomed beer drinkers (by German standards) but boast a vast collection of fine South African wines and gladly indulge in a bottle with only the most deserving company (this could be you!).
One of us works hard to maintain a clean and neat living space, the other 3 enjoy making sure that this is a never ending task. All in all, we lead a relatively healthy and wildly entertaining life with our dogs and each other in what would otherwise be a dull and dog-hair-free world.
Catch more of Mia & Sophie:
https://instagram.com/jackrussell_squared_utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=yshwe5udelys + More info
Our Home & Location
We reside in a humble 70 square meter apartment that beams with natural light through large windows. We get morning light through the bedroom and lounge and in the afternoon, reflected golden light from the building semi-opposite us, beyond the trees.
Our largest room is our living room which has a sliding door opening onto the L-shaped balcony that surrounds 2 sides of our corner apartment....
Our next biggest and most humble of sanctuaries is our bedroom which has lovely light wooden flooring and large windows.
We installed LED lighting throughout the house to boost the brightness on gloomy days (and to be more energy-conscious).
The kitchen is small but has a built in fridge, stove, and dishwasher (not me). It is fully furnished provided you are not a baker!
Our bathroom is cosy with a toilet, basin, and a bath/shower.
We have a small entrance/foyer where you can keep coats, umbrellas, shoes & keys.
We have a server with lots of movies and series available as well as high speed internet (100MB/second).
There is a small supermarket within walking distance from the apartment.
The bus is a 200m walk from the apartment and the U-Bahn station is a 900m walk for those who prefer to walk than bus.
We have one underground parking bay. We do not have a car. It may be used for parking bicycles/motorcycles in too.
There are washing and drying facilities in the basement. The washing machines and the tumble dryers take ONLY 20-cent pieces and one wash/dry cycle uses 5 pieces (1 euro). A manual booking must be made for a time slot in the book in the washing room. (Machines must be wiped down after use). + More info
Responsibilities & Pets
- No special care for the apartment.
- No garden, therefore no outdoor maintenance....
- Our dogs are fed twice daily (morning & evening). We have a measuring cup for this. Food gets picked up if not eaten within 10 minutes.
- Top up water bowls for dogs daily.
- We Walk our dogs for 30-45min in the early morning and again at 18:00 (based on a working day). This is 100% flexible!
- The dogs manage from 08h00-17h00 without a bathroom break and will likely sleep during this time but our apartment rules stipulate that no pets should be left alone for more than 6 hours.
- No pets or people are allowed (to urinate) on the grass immediately surrounding the buildings, therefore we walk them into the park each time.
- We take a frisbee and a squeaky toy with when we take the dogs to an open dog-friendly space in the park to run around and play.
- When we leave the dogs at home AFTER exercise we do the following: close bedroom door, turn on fan, put music on softly, turn on anti-barking device, and provide previously prepared frozen treats.
- The dogs are allowed on the furniture and in our bed (hence the need for my incessant cleaning!). They love to snuggle (and we love that about them). They will sleep in their own bed should you prefer to not have them by your feet (Sophie has a tendency to randomly lick toes).
- No table food for the dogs for health & safety reasons. We have LOADS of various dog treats. Feel free to try some;) + More info