Lovely new build garden flat in Berlin with 2 sweet kitties looking for sitters
My name is Julia and I live with my boyfriend Jeppe in Berlin with our lovely cats Kanye and Pablo. We regularly need house sitters/cat sitters because we love to travel - especially for long weekends or short trips just over the weekend. We both work in digital marketing so we have a pretty decent office/work set up in our guest room ;) so if you work somewhat similar you'll feel pretty comfortable I'd say :)...
Generally when we're away we have friends stay at our flat to take care of the cats but that's not always possible which is why I signed up here to fill in the gaps where we can’t find anyone :)
A bit about myself - I'm a proclaimed crazy cat lady - I do everything for my cats - they even have their own IG - check it out @ginger_kanye_and_pablo with over 2k followers :D
I'm 25 years old and am originally Austrian (mountain girl), have lived in London previously where I met my boyfriend Jeppe (31, Danish) and we're happily living together in Berlin since September 17.
Hopefully we find some lovely people on here to come and stay at our flat and take care of our precious cats. We're looking forward to get to know you a bit better via private message :) so get in touch! + More info
Our Home & Location
Ground floor new build apartment in Berlin in the area of Lichtenberg/Friedrichshain close to Tube stop Frankfurter Allee Zone A (7min walk, or with tram M13 2 min just into Zone B)
Bathrooms: 1 Main bathroom, 1 guest toilet
Bedrooms: 2 double bedrooms
1 open plan kitchen and living area with a little separate open glass door dining room
Garden with garden furniture (cats ARE NOT allowed to go outside - they're indoor cats)...
Our flat is on the ground floor and has around 100m2 so there is plenty of space for 2-4 people as we have two bedrooms, and two bathrooms. We have only wooden floors and are keen on design interior but also at the same time we have a lot of lovely fancy things for our two cats to be happy in the flat as they are only indoors :)
Our flat is located very close to the tram stop Löperplatz (2 min walk) and that tram goes very frequently to Frankfurter Allee U + S Bahn stop where you can get to Alexanderplatz within only 20 minutes. Also Friedrichshain which is super cool to hang out and go to restaurants, flea markets etc. is only 10 minutes away with the tram M13 right from Löperplatz. We have literally 4 supermarkets in very close proximity - Lidl, Netto, Netto Discounter, Aldi and at Frankfurter Allee there is the Ring Center with many many shops and also a huuuuuge supermarket for everything called REAL. So there's literally everything you need around :) + More info
Responsibilities & Pets
Responsibilities for flat:
- keep everything tidy and clean especially before leaving as often other friends come and stay when we're away :)
- maybe receive some packages if needed
- empty bins (especially bio waste - after 2 or 3 days already to avoid flies and worms!) regularly
- water the lawn when it is really hot and dry for a long time - we don't really have real plants anymore because the cats eat them so you'll only find quite a few fake plants :D
Most importantly - responsibilities for the cats:
- feed them with our two automatic feeding machines once in the morning around 9AM ideally (the feeding machines have timers on them when they give out the portions of wet food) - how these machines work and how I clean them etc. I would show in a video or a detailed instruction beforehand :)
- I only feed my cats wet food (dry food only as treats sometimes in the various treat dispensers we have around) because dry food can actually be quite harmful to the cats kidneys etc. as they need to drink lots of water to make up for the dehydration (as you might read from this - yes I'm a crazy cat lady :) )
- then it's important to clean the cat toilets (I have 3 of those - always important to have 1 more than you have cats as a rule of thumb ;) ) and they need to be cleaned out daily - if your stay is longer than a week then the toilet should be cleaned/renewed completely after 1 week
- very important: give lots of cuddles and play time to both kitties as they are very love and attention seeking cats :) we have many many toys and treats and cat activity boards etc. to keep the cats entertained - they love anything with a wand that you can play with them :)...
That would be it really. We would be grateful if you would like to take care of our cats and flat - and hope to hear from you! + More info