A spacious central flat in the beautiful Hannover for friendly and reliable doglovers
Hello dear pet lovers and future pet-sitters :-D
We are a young and active French/Swedish couple that love to travel, meet people, and we have two wonderful fur babies. We are looking for non-smokers, reliable, trustworthy dog-lovers, already having experience in taking care of dogs during our time away to look after our adorable sweeties.
SUM UP POINTS TO READ BEFORE YOU SEND US AN EMAIL :...
Should you be a good fit, before we discuss online we would like to insist on some points to make sure they are understood because we know that some of you might not read through our detailed listing :-DD and also because in the past some supposed "pet sitters" left the dogs EVERYDAY in the flat barking and crying like Trustedhousesitters somehow was an AirBnb alternative for free... We found out later when ALL our neighbors complained to us regarding the dogs which gave us a lot of problems, so we do not want to take risk for our fur babies anymore, hope you understand :-)
- We do not have a lift : which means you will need to carry them both up and down for 3 stages 3times per day. The dogs are quite light (6kg max each) so it is quite easy but we rather tell it again
- Hera cannot take any stairs, not jumping...at all! She cannot be left unattended in the sofa/bed at any cost (this is how she broke her back)
- Hades is SCARED of children : due to his trauma, one of the consequences is he avoid kids. Therefore despite our love for kids, we will not accept people with children as we do not want to over stress our fur babies . It does not matter is your child is nice, used to play with dogs unfortunately.
- should you travel with a dog/cat : We cannot guarantee that our dogs will get along with yours and it might be difficult to manage 3 dogs (taking the stairs for example) so we will not risk it, sorry.
- we tend to sleep in our king size bed with the litle dogs because they are super small and very still and quiet during the night (also because the isolation is so bad in our building that we were tired of hearing them crying when they were cold during winter) , it is up to you if you want to do it or not
- We also prefer when pet sitters do not leave them alone everyday and for hours because they will be already super stressed not to have us and will be scared to be left alone = barking => complains from our neighboors (which is super stressful and shameful to come back from vacations and being screamed at because the dogs were left for hours everyday)
Of course, we will not ask you to stay at home all day because this is not what we do, but please consider taking them with you, not leaving them the full day wold greatly help :-)
- On the other hand, the dogs can also follow you anywhere (and they would be soooo happy to do) so because they are welcome mostly everywhere (restaurant, park, transports...) perhaps except in the supermarket .
that´s it :-)
We try to be the best house owner you will meet, and we will support you should you have any questions, problems. We want you to feel at home, we will provide you all we can in order to do so but we need to make sure we put our trust and fur babies in the right persons that take the responsibility that comes with dogs seriously and so we can leave the flat stress-free.
We prefer to repeat what is already said in the listing below and we prefer to be totally honest from the beginning so we are the best fit for each other. + More info
Our Home & Location
Our home is a spacious 2 room-apartment (64 m²) located in the center of Hannover.
It is fully equipped (including washing machine and dishwasher) and has a nice balcony to enjoy a meal in the sunlight. The flat is on the 3rd floor (without lift... just like most flats in Germany). The area is quite quiet as well as our neighbors, so we kindly ask our future house-pet-sitters to respect it. The flat is very close to several bus/tram/underground stations along with many grocery shops, restaurants, and so on. We don´t have a car, therefore no garage is available but if you happen to come by car, with a little patience, a parking slot can be found in the area....
Hannover is a beautiful human-sized city in Lower Saxony with a lot to offer. To move inside and outside Hannover, a car is not needed as the flat is in walking distance from and to everything:
- Central station (around 600 meters): Direct from and to the airport within 20 min for less than 4 €. Also very convenient and easy to visit the towns nearby.
- Please keep in mind that the dogs need to be taken out at least every 8-9 hours, so some towns such as Berlin and Hamburg are only doable for a two-three hour visit, but there are many other interesting options:
Wolfsburg, the Volkswagen headquarters with the Autostadt park and possibility to visit the impressive factory .
Bremen, a city of similar size with a cozy medieval center.
The Harz mountains, for hiking.
Several beautiful small cities found in this list are also within range: http://www.atlasofwonders.com/2015/08/german-cities-survived-ww2.html Goslar, Lüneburg, Göttingen, Celle, Wolfenbüttel, and Schwerin.
An interesting point is that the so called Lower Saxony Ticket (Niedersachsenticket) can be purchased to take regional trains in the whole state for 1-5 persons the whole day. For two persons is the total cost for all day 27 €, a great option for exploring.
- The Eilenriede is a very beautiful 640 hectare forest about 600 meters away, where you can go for a walk, a run, a coffee/beer/mulled wine in the Biergarten, whatever the heart desires... The green lung of Hannover.
- The famous Lister Miele starts in the street next to the flat. This is a beautiful pedestrian street, where you can enjoy a nice walk next to bars, restaurant, shops... day and night! On Thursdays there is a market there as well.
- The town center (Kröpcke) is about 1 km away (2 tram stations or roughly 10 min by foot).
- Altstadt (old town) is next to Kröpcke where you can walk among the beautiful typical German old houses (and have a lunch/coffee inside) as well as taking a photo in front of the old town hall.
- The New Town Hall (Neues Rathaus) is also in the town center, a nice place to understand the history of the town, and in the summer half of the year you can take a special lift for 3 € to go to the top of the building for an astonishing panoramic view of Hannover and the surrounding region.
- In the center you can also find the Markthalle, a big indoor market to enjoy a nice and cheap meal, to buy some typical German food and meet people.
- The Tram/Underground Line 9 will also get you directly the beautiful Linden area to visit, to have a coffee in a Konditorei, or to enjoy the unforgettable night life...
- In less than 20 min by tram (one connection only is needed), you can also visit the well-known zoo, the beautiful artificial lake Maschsee (which offers plenty of activities), the stadium fo, and also you will LOVE going to the gorgeous Royal Gardens (some areas are free if you don't wanna pay to visit the castle and its gardens). The gardens are especially beautiful in the spring and early summer (April-June).
If you feel like chilling at home and resting, you can also enjoy a break in our balcony with a Nespresso coffee or a tea. For rainy days, you can enjoy a cosy home evening in the sofa with the dogs, watching Netflix movies (you can borrow our account while we travel) or play any of our board games.
And of course, last but not least: our beloved dogs that love to be petted; they always like attention and playing. + More info
Responsibilities & Pets
Dear future petlovers/housesitters,
The flat does not need specific care, it is a bit old but spacious and well-maintained. Just keep it as you will find it and take care of it as if it were yours. Obviously, we would definitely appreciate having responsible, reliable and preferably non-smoking dog lovers....
That goes without saying but we thank you not to use our personal belongings that are not for day to day use (obviously) and if you happen to break or use something you should not have, please let us know as soon as possible and replace it.
Germany is a bit "advanced" regarding recycling. That means that if a trash not properly recycled to the right bin, it will not be collected and the neighbors will start complaining. But don't worry, is it very easy to sort it out (we will provide you all the needed info: the day to put the trashes out, what goes into which bin etc.).
Also very important rule : NO downloading or streaming is allowed. Germany's regulation towards it is VERY strict and a VPN will not help. The fine is incredibly high and will disclose the day, the time, the website, the file which was streamed or downloaded (movie, tv shows, book and even subtitles!). So no streaming or download of any kind will be tolerated during your stay at our home. That being said, we strongly think it can be managed for a short stay as Hannover has so much to offer, you will not need it. But don't worry, you will have access to the TV, our Neftflix and Amazon Prime accounts as well as our DVD collection :-)
If you are TV show/movie addicts and really interested in watching something that is not provided, please consider bringing an USB, external hard drive with your desired TV shows, movies etc.
They need to be taken out for a walk at least 3 times a day (15 min for morning and night walk might do it, but a longer walk for the afternoon is needed). During potty times, please pick up their businesses.
Never unleash them as they don't know you.
They understand French, so if you speak French it might be easier for you. Don't feed them outside dinner time, be careful not to leave food on the table, etc... they are not difficult, don't worry, they are well behaved and will listen. We will put some basic French orders we tell them to help you, if needed.
You can do whatever you want during the day but they must be taken out at least every 8 to 9 hours . Also for the morning and night walk, a small park is very close by but during the afternoon, they really appreciate to be taken to the forest (which is really not far away). The forest also has dog play areas.
They eat for dinner time only. All food (especially chocolate) is to bee locked inside the cupboard.
Hades: Hades is an adorable Jack Russell terrier that had a terribly rough start in life. We took him from a shelter when he was a puppy. He is recovered now but even 5 years after if you happen to speak too loud, he might still wee himself. Hades loves his tennis ball!! He is crazy about it and will fetch it no matter how many times you launch it. He learned how to play by himself as well. He likes to run in the forest as well if you happen to be a runner. He is afraid of children (especially when they run towards him to pet him as they think he is a puppy) so don't let them come too close (he has never done anything to any of them, he simply hides, but I will not take any risk). He is very friendly, full of energy and loves to be petted. He is also a jumper so just be careful when you are in the balcony, don't let him jump on your knees.
Hera is a princess dachshund. She loves to stay clean, and is well educated EXCEPT her tendency to try to steal food: never let anything on the table and close the doors/closet after you.
Just one important fact: Hera had a back surgery in February 2017. She had IVDD (Intervertebral Disc Disease; sadly, a common disease for dachshunds) and she was almost paralyzed from the hind legs. Thanks to the VERY expensive surgery and physiotherapy sessions, she is now more or less fully recovered and lives a normal life. But in order to prevent this form happening again, please NEVER let her jump on furniture, bed, sofa and so on. Also she cannot use ANY stairs at all. NEVER. But don't worry, we have a dog bag which she loves being carried in. We us this for getting hur up and down the stairs. She weighs ca 7 kg.
Anyway, I know this is unlikely, but if something was to happen to any of them for any reason, or you have a doubt, please let us know ASAP. Please note that we live 30 min away by tram to the well-reputed Hannover vet clinic (TiHo) that is open 24/7 where, in that case, you could take them immediately to it (most of their staff speak English).
As we have two dogs, we would prefer having two experienced dog-lovers and persons (couple, friends) to take care of them. No children as the flat has only one bedroom and Hades is afraid of them. We kindly ask you not to have people over.
I would say to sum up, we look for pet lovers , we don't really care about much as long as you treat them very well: they need some attention, hugs, and love that they will give back. + More info
June 2019 | Fara
April 2019 | Laufey Rós
December 2018 | Tonja
October 2018 | Geoff
August 2018 | Linda
May 2018 | Peter
April 2018 | Lisa
March 2018 | Jess
March 2018 | Julia
February 2018 | Jane
December 2017 | Rebekah
December 2017 | Samantha
September 2017 | Julia
August 2017 | Natalie
July 2017 | Neil
June 2017 | Jack
April 2017 | George
April 2017 | Boris
- + Show all previous sitters - Hide extra