Flat stay, complete with Italian Greyhound cuddles!
Hi there! I live in Surbiton with my husband Luke, and dog Meeko. I work in marketing and Luke is in business transformation (but neither of us knows what the other's job reeeeally means). Our work allows us to be a little flexible to be at home many days of the week, and on other days Meeko waves his tail goodbye to us and spends all day with his buddies at day care.
We each moved to London 10 years ago, and have lived in the Kingston/Surbiton area for 6 years in search of a more active lifestyle. We LOVE the area - Kingston town (shopping), Surbiton town (cafes, pubs, restaurants), the river (great for walkies), the parks (even better for walkies)....
Since bringing Meeko home in January we have only ever been on dog-friendly stay-cations - mostly to the Lake District which we're both obsessed with, and have thankfully managed to convince our pooch (of a rather sensitive breed) to love hiking as well! Now that he's fully settled with us and growing up into an extremely good boy, we're hoping to continue to travel the world. + More info
Our Home & Location
Our home is a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom flat with everything you could need right on your doorstep!
- The Flat - we have an open plan living space with a large and super cosy sofa, enormous flat screen TV, BT home hub (Netflix and everything else on demand), super fast wifi, hive heating system. We have double doors that open onto our private roof terrace should the weather be decent enough to eat/drink outside! Kitchen is basic but has microwave, toaster, nutribullet and all the other things you expect in a kitchen! The 2nd bedroom (which would be yours) has a trundle bed - either 2 singles or can zip together. Very quiet location away from main road and not facing any throughway....
- Transport - buses outside take you into Kingston Upon Thames town centre, trains from Surbiton (7-10 min walk) can take you into London Waterloo in 20 mins, or out to Hampton Court / Surrey / further afield. There is also free parking on the street outside which has plenty of availability.
- Supermarkets - Sainsburys local is 3 minutes away, or Waitrose / Big Sainsburys in Surbiton town centre (10mins walk)
- Proper shops - Surbiton high street has a few basics but Kingston town centre is only a short bus ride away with the Bentall Centre and major high street. GREAT for shopping.
- Pubs / Restaurants / Cafes - Our main road (3 mins walk) has some really fantastic restaurants that we very rarely go anywhere else! Thai, Italian, Indian (takeaway). There are also 2 really great pubs on our doorstep - The Prince of Wales, The Royal Oak. Our absolutely favourite cafe is Wags & Tails about 10-15min walk into Surbiton - it's a dog friendly cafe bar serving vegetarian brunchy-type foods as well as classic veggie / vegan mains all day, and it also has the latest alcohol license in the area turning into a bar until 2am. I can recommend the peanut butter and banana toastie! :) + More info
Responsibilities & Pets
Simply to provide love, care and attention to our wonderful little IG, Meeko. He is 1 year old, has a lot of love to give, and a lot of energy to expend so would need to be walked for at least 1 hour per day. He loves to run / walk / play - the other 90% of the time he'll be curled up in his bed or on your lap to steal as much of your body heat as possible! He is crate trained to around 8 hours over night, and will happily sleep off a long walk in his crate for up to 3 hours during the day. He does need a little more attention than most dogs so can't be left alone for longer than 3 hours, but is also the perfect traveller in a car or on public transport should he need to go with you anywhere!
November 2018 | Max
October 2018 | Max