Pet sitting whilst we go on holiday
Hello, my name is Adam and I live in Aldershot with my wife Natalie. We are going away for a holiday and need someone to feed our cat (Cosmo) and our fish whilst we are away. We will be leaving early in the morning on Sunday (14th) and will feed Cosmo before we leave so you do not need to come in until the evening. We will return in the middle of the night of the 19/20th so you will need provide the evening feed before leaving.
It is not necessary for you to stay at the house during the day or overnight if you live locally and prefer to just come in the morning and evening to feed Cosmo and the fish....
Whilst we are away we keep Cosmo shut in the house for your peace of mind as well as our own. Please do not let him go out. He is used to having to stay indoors whilst we are away. + More info
Our Home & Location
Our home is a 4 Bedroom semi-detached house in Aldershot with easy access to M3 and A31/A3. There is a regular bus service that passess the house from the train station. It is a 15-20min walk to the train station and into town from the house.
The house is not suitable for children as we are re-decorating and several rooms may still be uninhabitable.
The bathroom is fully functional but may not have completely finished the redecorating just yet....
It is not necessary to stay at the property during the day or overnight if you live locally and prefer to just come in to feed Cosmo and the fish etc.
If you are wanting to stay at the property, you will be sleeping in the second bedroom (next to the master bedroom) as we will be leaving in the early hours and will not have time to change the sheets in the master bedroom (at the front of the house) before we go.
Wifi code is on the inside of the cupboard door below the fish tank if you require it. + More info
Responsibilities & Pets
Please can you:
1) Feed Cosmo - he gets 15g of biscuit (in plastic container on worktop above washing machine) and 35g of meat (in the fridge door). He gets fed twice a day, first thing in the morning and 7pm. Please re-fill his water bowl as required. Food in plastic bowl and water in metal bowl.
2) empty Cosmo's litter tray daily. It is in the dining room by the window. bags, a scoop and fresh litter are next to it. Please place full bags into the outside bin rather than the kitchen bin....
3) feed the fish. 1 pinch of flakes (next to fish tank) in the evening only.
4) pick up any post and leave in the dining room.
5) open/close the curtains in the master bedroom in the morning/evening.
6) open/close the shutters in the lounge in the morning/evening. Gently turn the louvres by hand.
If you are staying at the house then you will need to shut Cosmo in the dining room overnight or he will wake you up by scatching at the bedroom door and pulling up the carpet on on the landing.
If you are not staying at the house then please shut Cosmo out of the lounge so he doesnt claw the sofas. He can have access to the rest of the house. You can leave the light on in the utility room overnight if you are not going to be staying.
In the unlikely event that you need to take him to the vet, he is registered at:
Cathcart & Winn veterinary hospital
49 Victoria Road
Cosmo has petplan insurance - paperwork will be left in the dining room.
Cat carrier in the loft through the hatch at top of second flight of stairs. it will be just inside the door on the right. light switch is located on the right on the beam if required. + More info