Adventures of Violet
Violet is an adorable Russian Blue. She's my first pet so I'm totally partial and spoiled. She's precious, friendly, and easy to take care of.
We live in downtown Boston - about 15 minutes from the airport and across the street from North Station....
In my spare time I am a baby cuddler at a nearby hospital, teach people how to understand American football (mainly so they can network and connect around the watercooler), and travel to various places near and far for both work and pleasure.
I'm blessed to have been to all 7 continents and ~ 60 countries.
Here's a hello video from Diane & Violet ... https://vimeo.com/289008112 + More info
Our Home & Location
- Amazing location - 15 minutes from the airport
- Walk to the North End or Beacon Hill in minutes...
- Subway is across the street. (Known locally as "the T")
- North Station is a 5-minute walk
- For Boston it's a modern building (~ 20 years old)
- Small one bedroom and bath
- Wireless WiFi
- Yoga mat, blocks and small weights you’re welcome to use
- ADORABLE, loving cat ... but you knew that already + More info
Responsibilities & Pets
Updated Sept 23, 2018
She is easy going, cuddly, and will likely sleep with you. When your feet hit the floor, she starts telling you she's ready for breakfast. She's very mellow....
Please send me a photo of her every day.
I've had some "misunderstandings" with some past sitters so I hope this information helps.
Remember the term "multipurpose room" when we were in elementary school? Well my apartment is a multipurpose place. It's where I work, live, exercise, do as little cooking as possible :-) am sorting through family photos, and much more.
If you are looking for something that looks like a hotel suite - this isn't it.
If you're looking to stay in Boston in an AMAZING location and NOT pay $250+++ a night, let's talk.
TV: You're in Boston to see Boston not watch TV ... however, I do have the Amazon Firestick. I do not have cable but do have "over the air" TV which gets you CBS, NBC, ABC, and PBS. I'll leave more detailed instructions.
BATHROOM: The bathroom will be clean - it's typically the last thing I do when I leave so you'll have a clean shower, toilet, etc. There will be clean white towels on the bed.
SHOWER GLASS: This needs to be squeegeed (not sure that's a word) after every use.
SHEETS: Depending on the time of day when I leave for the airport, the bed will either have clean sheets or there will be a set waiting for you. I'm unlikely going to miss a flight so I can make the bed for you. (Believe it or not a past sitter complained about my priorities.)
KITCHEN: It has a microwave, toaster oven, basic dishes, pots and pans are stored in the oven. I typically do a quick clean of the fridge before I go. There is a Whole Foods that is a 5-minute walk away.
VIOLET: She has a built-in litterbox in the bathroom. I'll leave details.
EXPECTATIONS FOR WHEN I COME BACK:
- I'll leave a set of clean sheets. Please, please, please put them on the bed. Once I came back at 2 am to find a bed that was stripped and no sheets on it. He and his wife said they didn't feel they should be held to a higher standard since I'd left the bed bare ... yes I was trying to make my flight.
- Put your sheets in a pile in the shower. If you want to wash them, that's fine - but not expected. There is laundry soap in the left drawer of the vanity. Please do NOT overstuff the washer. It is MUCH smaller than a typical washer and won't hold an entire set of sheets.
- If your towel is wet when you leave, please drape it over a towel rack not bunch it up like you're a teenager.
- Recycling can be left in the apartment and I'll take it to the garage. If you prefer to do it, that's fine. TAKE YOUR KEY or you will be locked in the garage. You can leave it on LP (lower parking) or UP (upper parking).
- Dishwasher - Empty it before I come home. Also, please use it. Leaving dirty dishes in the dishwasher, on the counter or in the sink isn't cool.
I've created an online board you'll have access to with specifics about the apartment. + More info
February 2019 | Fiona
February 2019 | Fiona