How do I join or log in to my account?
To post on our Community Forum, you’ll first need to create an account. It’s free and easy to sign up — simply click on the ‘Sign up’ button on the top right-hand corner of the Forum homepage. You’ll then be taken to our registration page, where you’ll need to input some basic information (such as your name and email address, as well as creating a password).
Once you've registered your details, you'll shortly receive an activation email for your account. If you don't receive this email, please firstly check your Junk folder, or head back to the Forum to resend the email.
Once your account has been created and activated, you can log in at any time simply by clicking ‘Log in’ in the top right-hand corner.
Finding a category or discussion
You can find a list of pre-set categories on the first page of the Forum, known as the Category list. This will cover most topics, from Sitters and Owners to Pets, Gardening and more.
If you wish to search for a specific topic or discussion you’ve seen on the Forum, you can use our Search tool, which is located in the top right-hand corner of the page.
Top tip: you can also view the latest discussions posted by members of the community on the right-hand side of the Forum home page.
How do I post?
First, you'll need to find the category you wish to post in from the Category list. Most categories should be self-explanatory, however, if you have any doubts just check the Pinned 'About' post located in each Category for more information.
Once you’re in the right category, simply click on the ‘New Topic’ button. Write your post in the main comment box, and give your thread a title — the clearer, the better! — then select ‘Create Topic’.
Replying to a post
To reply to an existing post, click on the ‘Reply’ button located just underneath the original poster’s message. This will open up a comment box, where you can submit your reply.
You can also reply to individual comments within a thread. Just click on ‘Reply’ underneath the comment you wish to respond to. Sometimes, a simple ‘like’ will suffice, which you can also do by clicking the ‘heart’ icon underneath a message.
How do I share a photo?
Whether you are starting a new thread or replying to another member’s discussion, you can post a photo by selecting the ‘Photo’ icon, located within the comment box toolbar. This will connect you with your device’s photo gallery, where you can then select the photo(s) you wish to upload.
How can I flag a post?
Our Moderators are constantly reviewing the Forum, but if you spot something that shouldn’t be there you can flag this to their attention.
To do this, click on the three dots underneath the post or comment in question, and select the ‘Flag’ option. You can then message the poster directly about their post, or select a reason from the dropdown menu as to why you think it should be removed. This will then be reviewed by one of your Moderators.
Are there any rules?
So that everyone can enjoy our Community Forum, we do have a set of house rules to keep in mind when posting.
You can view these by visiting the Community Forum Rules page.
What else can I do?
Here are some more useful things you can do on the Forum:
- Share a thread — seen a discussion which you think someone else would love to be a part of it? Share it with them using the ‘Share’ button, located underneath the original post. This will allow you to share the discussion via a link or via email.
- Save a thread — to save a post for later, click on the three small dots underneath the post in question, and select the 'Bookmark' symbol (it should resemble a rectangle, with a cut-out bottom). This will save the post to your account, which you can revisit at any time by clicking on your profile photo in the top right-hand corner, and selecting the Bookmarks tab.
- Watch a thread — so you’ll be notified every time somebody replies to that specific thread.
- Track a thread — so you’ll only be notified if someone mentions your name or replies to you.
- Mute a thread — if you no longer want to receive notifications for a specific thread. It also won’t appear in your list of latest discussions.
These functions can all be accessed within the individual posts.
- View members — get to know your fellow members by clicking on the ‘Members’ button on the top toolbar. You’ll be able to view their stats, bio, recent posts and the Forum badges they have earned.
Need further help?
Remember, your Community Moderators are here to help. So if you have any trouble, concerns, or simply wish to make a suggestion, please reach out to them via email or by sending them a message via the Forum.