1. This promotion opens at 11:00 GMT 13 March 2018 and closes at 23.59 GMT 31 March 2018 with the possibility of extending until 23.59 GMT 31 April 2018
2. This promotion is open to anyone who is an existing member of TrustedHousesitters at the time that they enter this promotion. However, this promotion is not open to employees of the promoter, its group companies, agents or anyone professionally connected with this promotion and any member of their respective immediate families.
3. You must not enter this promotion if this promotion is unlawful in the jurisdiction in which you are resident, including Italy and Northern Ireland.
4. The prizes available for members in the competition are:
- A lifetime membership to TrustedHousesitters
- 5 years of free membership to TrustedHousesitters
- 1 year of free membership to TrustedHousesitters
- 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 free TrustedHousesitters membership months
- A TrustedHousesitters tote bag
5. To enter, you must successfully refer a new member to TrustedHousesitters using our Refer A Friend programme which generates a unique link personal to you, during the promotion period from 00:01 GMT 8 March 2018 and closes at 23.59 GMT 31 March 2018 with the possibility of extending until 23.59 GMT 31 April 2018. The person you refer must purchase a TrustedHousesitters membership. When someone you refer purchases a TrustedHousesitters membership using your unique Refer A Friend promo code, you will be sent an email with a link to a competition page where you will be informed immediately if you have won a prize. Winners of each prize will be chosen at random through a third party provider.
6. To be eligible to enter the competition you must invite your friends to join TrustedHousesitters using the Refer A Friend programme (found at https://www.trustedhousesitters.com/accounts/refer-a-friend/) and your friend must use your unique personalised Refer A Friend promotional code to join TrustedHousesitters. Your promotional code is found on your Refer A Friend page when logged in to your TrustedHousesitters account and can also be sent to your friends via Facebook, Twitter or email.
7. If you are not subscribed to emails from TrustedHousesitters, please contact our Membership Services team when someone you invited joins and we will provide you with a link to directly access the competition page.
8. Before inviting your friends to join TrustedHousesitters using our Refer A Friend programme by email, you must have your friends’ express permission to provide TrustedHousesitters with their contact details and to contact them with their 20% membership discount by email.
9. You will find out immediately if you have won a prize. All prizes will be fulfilled within 14 days of the end of the promotional period. So, if you win two free membership months, these will be added to your account up to 14 days after 23.59 GMT on 31 March 2018. Free membership years will be added to your existing membership expiry date and membership will not be refunded.
10. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash. The prize is non-assignable and in the cases of membership being won, this relates only to a membership of TrustedHousesitters and cannot be transferred to another organisation. Should TrustedHousesitters cease trading, the membership will no longer be available.
11. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with any participant’s participation in the promotion or for any items that are not expressly included with their TrustedHousesitters membership (including, without limitation, travel to and from a house sit). Where a free membership is won, the price already paid for an existing membership will not be refunded.
12. A participant’s purchase and use of a TrustedHousesitters’ membership, is strictly subject to the TrustedHousesitters terms and conditions, which can be viewed here (https://www.trustedhousesitters.com/terms-and-conditions/).
14. The prize is conditional in each case upon the winner agreeing to take part in reasonable publicity by the promoter, including by agreeing to allow the promoter to use the winner’s name, city and photograph in the promoter's marketing materials.
15. Each winner's name and city are available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org within 90 days of the closing date.
16. The promoter reserves the right at any time, in its absolute discretion, to:
- verify the eligibility of any participant (including their age and place of residence);
- disqualify any participant found to be abusing or tampering with the operation of the promotion or entering using fraudulent means, or who the promoter believes to have acted in breach of these terms and conditions; [and]
- disqualify participants who do not give correct contact details or those who make an entry on someone else's behalf;
- disqualify any participant posting an entry or a comment to the promoter’s social media or online platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and TrustPilot, that is, in the promoter's opinion, inappropriate, offensive or upsetting to other participants, fans of the promoter or directly aimed at the promoter, or contrary to applicable law, and to remove any such entry or comment.
17. This promotion is not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any third parties or social media platforms. Participants acknowledge that social media platforms used to promote the promotion shall not have any liability to them in connection with this promotion.
18. The promoter excludes all liability for any damages, claims, losses and/or expenses incurred by any participant in connection with this promotion, unless the participant is a resident of a member state of the European Union and the promoter fails to comply with these terms and conditions, in which case the promoter is responsible for loss or damage that participant suffers that is a foreseeable result of the promoter's breach of these terms and conditions or its negligence, but it is not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of the promoter's breach or if they were contemplated by the participant and the promoter at the time the participant entered this promotion.
19. These terms and conditions are governed by English law, provided that if a participant is a resident of a European Union member state they will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which they are resident, and nothing in these terms and conditions affects that participant’s rights as a consumer to rely on such mandatory provisions of local law.
20. Each participant can bring proceedings in respect of these terms and conditions in the English courts. However, if a participant lives in Scotland they can bring legal proceedings in respect of these terms and conditions in either the Scottish or the English courts; and if a participant lives in another European Union member state they can bring legal proceedings in respect of these terms and conditions in either the English courts or the courts of the Member State in which they live.
21. Participants should contact the promoter at email@example.com if they have any queries regarding this promotion.
22. The promoter is TrustedHousesitters Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 07227301, whose registered office is at 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU, England and with VAT Number 157737573.