Across the world, people are celebrating our incredible key workers who are continuing to help others during this difficult time. Amongst those key workers are the wonderful veterinary professionals. Even in the most difficult circumstances, they’re continuing to work hard to make sure our furry, feathered and scaled friends stay safe and well too.
With World Veterinary Day (25 April) on its way, we think it’s the perfect time to say thank you to all the veterinary professionals still keeping our pets safe and well during this difficult time. That’s why over the past few weeks, we’ve been gathering images and videos of pet lovers like you saying #ThankYouVets.
Want to join in and say #ThankYouVets? All you need to do is share a photo or video of you and your pet on your social channels, with a sign saying “#ThankYouVets from your name in location”. We’re also encouraging everyone to write why they’re thankful for their vets (including all veterinary professionals and nurses too!) in the caption. You and your pet may even be featured in our final film in which we’ll bring all the thanks together to share with the vets of the world.
To give you an example, here are some members of Team Trusted sharing their thanks…
Please follow the step-by-step guide below on how to share your video or photo with us and the world!
How to share via Facebook
- Take a photo of yourself (with your pet, if possible) holding a sign saying “#ThankYouVets from your name in location”’ or simply film yourself saying “Thank you, vets”... Feel free to share both a photo and video for a chance to be featured in our #ThankYouVets film.
- Now share your photo and video in a single post. The easiest way to do this is to go to your News Feed, and click ‘Create post’.
3. Then, select ‘Photo/Video’ and upload the images and/or videos from your computer or photo library. And if you’d like to, feel free to include a few sentences thanking your vet during this time.
Remember: don’t forget to tag @TrustedHousesitters and include the hashtag #ThankYouVets in your post.
4. Click ‘Post’ and get ready to feel that warm fuzzy feeling knowing you’ll be brightening a vet’s difficult day.
How to share via Instagram
1. Using a camera phone on which you have an Instagram account, take a photo of yourself (with your pet, if possible) holding a sign saying “#ThankYouVets from your name in location”’ or simply film yourself saying “Thank you, vets”.
2. Upload your photos and/or videos to Instagram using the upload ‘+’ button on the bottom toolbar. To upload your videos and photos in a single post, select the multiple post button (this is the blue icon in the bottom right corner of the image) and select the photos or videos you wish to upload. You can crop and position your photos here, but keep in mind the orientation you choose (square, portrait or landscape) will affect all of the photos in your post.
Trusted tip: square is typically the best to use on Instagram
3. Click ‘Next’ to proceed to the filter and photo editing stage (we suggest letting your amazing photos speak for themselves, rather than using an image altering filter over it).
4. Then write your caption. Remember, this is your chance to let the world know how great you think vets are, so be sure to include a few sentences explaining why you're thanking them and feel free to include your veterinary surgery too! In fact, why not tag them if you can?
Remember: don’t forget to tag us @TrustedHousesitters and include the hashtag #ThankYouVets in your post.
Trusted tip: make sure your Instagram account is set to Public, so that we can see your post. Do this by going to your Profile Settings and then Privacy. Here you’ll be able to set your profile to Public, if it isn’t already.
If you don’t have a social account during this time, please send your videos and photos to email@example.com and we’ll be happy to share them with the world too.